Re: error on wl-domain

At Mon, 27 Jun 2011 22:25:19 -0500,
Dave Webb wrote:

> i'm still getting an error on initial opening of M-x wl, elmo pops
> up a warning saying "please set wl-message-id-domain to get valid
> email address" yet.... i have the following im my .wl init file
>
> (setq wl-local-domain "smtp.gmail.com")
> (setq wl-message-id-domain "gmail")

Sorry, I messed it up. This works here:

(setq wl-local-domain "gmail.com")

No wl-message-id-domain.

> as someone from this list mentioned that wl-local-domain would solve the problem (din't work for me though)
>
> i have noticed that the From: line on draft has <username@mint>
> instead of <username@gmail.com> or more correctly my proper email
> address that I have set as wl-smtp-posting-server. (i am running
> linux-mint-xfce and i suppose that's wher the mint comes from in the
> address) i have done C-h v on the wl-message-id-domain and it
> confirms its set to "gmail" yet elmo complains each time.
>
> wl - 2.14 and emacs 23.3.1

I highly recommend updating to wl 2.15.9 -- there have been major
improvements and bug fixes between 2.14 and current development
version. This version could be named 'wl-beta' or similar in the
package manager.

This blog post

http://box.matto.nl/emacsgmail.html

Describes a setup of WL for GoogleMail.