installation problem with SEMI

Hello,
I have just ran make and make install on apel-10.8, flim-1.14.6, and semi-1.14.6 (in that order), and when I try to run make check and make on wl-2.14.0, I get the following errors respectively:

Cannot load `mime-setup'.  Please install SEMI
make: *** [check] Error 255

Cannot load `mime-setup'.  Please install SEMI
make: *** [elc] Error 255

I'm stuck, I don't know what to do, and I can't find any solutions on the Internet. mime-setup.elc is in /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/semi/, and I even tried make after copying it on the wl-2.14.0 folder and its etc folder. It's not a quirk with eshell because terminal has the same results.

I got the tarballs from the following locations:
http://www.jpl.org/elips/wl/wl-2.14.0.tar.gz
http://kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~tomo/lemi/dist/semi/semi-1.14-for-flim-1.14/semi-1.14.6.tar.gz
http://kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~tomo/lemi/dist/flim/flim-1.14/flim-1.14.6.tar.gz
http://kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~tomo/lemi/dist/apel/apel-10.8.tar.gz

I had decompressed, extracted, and moved them to my .emacs.d directory before work and then, after reading the instructions after work, moved them to a software directory where I configure, make, and make install software, but I don't see anything I left behind.

Regards,
Kete