Duplicate In-Reply-To entries in reply buffer

If I use "a" in the Summary buffer it sets up a draft buffer with the
In-Reply-To field already correctly set. But if I then do "C-c C-y" in
the draft buffer, an extry copy of the same message id gets appended
onto the In-Reply-To field.

It's possible that this has something to do with line wrapping and the
unusual length of message-id's that our email system often
generates. For example, The newly set-up draft buffer for the reply
contains:

and after "C-c C-y" this becomes

 <8F77913624F7524AACD2A92EAF3BFA544EBAD91214@SJMEMXMBS11.stjude.sjcrh.local>

Note that not only is there a duplicate ID, but also an extra blank
line (it has a TAB in it).

Thanks,
Don Bashford
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital