Re: Most up-to-date version of Wanderlust?

Felix,

Thanks very much for your concern over the public image of Wanderlust;
I think it's important that we take steps to avoid this confusion in
future.

At Mon, 13 Aug 2012 12:34:44 +0200,
Felix E. Klee wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 12:00 PM, Herbert J. Skuhra <hskuhra@eumx.net>
> wrote:
> > But there is (at least) also:
> > [...]
>
> So perhaps it's better to write on EmacsWiki:
>
> As of August 2012, there is no central repository anymore. As
> installation source, pick one of:
>
>   * 2.14.0(Africa) from http://www.gohome.org/wl/
>
>     legacy version (for EMACS < 23)
>
>   * CVS repository:
>
>     *Formerly* the central repository, but not maintained as that
>     anymore.
>
>   * https://github.com/wanderlust/wanderlust:
>
>     According to the README: "Unofficial Wanderlust Development
>     Repository"
>
>     Redirects to the CVS repository!

Make clear that by "redirects" you mean that the README file describes
the CVS repository as the main installation source (otherwise it
sounds a little like some sort of HTTP 301 magic). But I think we
should rectify this:

https://github.com/wanderlust/wanderlust/issues/33

>   * `el-get` wanderlust:
>
>     Retrieves repository from: https://github.com/wanderlust/wanderlust
>
>     (should probably better take data directly from CVS repository - see
>     redirect notice above)

And consequently, it's fine for el-get to be mentioned as an
installation method sourcing from (by default) the wanderlust
organisation on github without any mention of the old CVS.

>   * https://github.com/ikazuhiro/wanderlust
>
>   * https://github.com/dmj/wanderlust
>
>   * http://git.chise.org/git/elisp/wanderlust.git

Yes, with a few tweaks, this looks good. Please go ahead and make this
change.

Richard