Re: help with getting Wanderlust to connect to my IMAP server

At Mon, 30 Sep 2013 09:05:46 -0500,
Kevin Buchs wrote:

> I was really hoping I could get an IMAP email client running in emacs. I'm
> stuck with Wanderlust failing to connect to my server. It doesn't even
> prompt for my password any longer. I get a message back: "Cannot open:
> elmo-network-initialize-session". I've tried both the configuration of
> the default options in ~/.wl and a plain folder in ~/.folders as well
> as a more deluxe folder entry in ~/.folders.
>
> I've configured other email clients, like Thunderbird, to work with my
> server, a MS Exchange IMAP-protocol host.
>
> Any suggestions or pointers to further documentation would be appreciated.
>
> My user name on the IMAP server is not my email address. I substituted
> the string "user123" for it below. My server has been replaced with the
> string "server123":
>
> Here is what I have at this point in .wl
>
> (setq wl-icon-directory "~/.emacs.d/el-get/wanderlust/icons")
> (setq wl-smtp-connection-type 'starttls
>        wl-smtp-posting-port 587
>        wl-smtp-authenticate-type "login"
>        wl-smtp-posting-user "user123"
>        wl-smtp-posting-server "server123"
> (setq wl-from "Kevin Buchs <buchs.kevin@mayo.edu>")
> (setq wl-user-mail-address-list
>        (list (wl-address-header-extract-address wl-from) wl-from))
> (setq
>        wl-fcc-force-as-read    t
>        wl-default-spec "%")
>

> Here is what I have in .folders
>
> %inbox:user123/login@server123:993

Hi Kevin,

Perhaps you need a ! on the end of your folder?

  %inbox:user123/login@server123:993!

! means SSL, !! means TLS, !direct means no encryption.

best, Erik

Sent from my free software system <http://fsf.org/>.