Re: help with getting Wanderlust to connect to my IMAP server

> I was really hoping I could get an IMAP email client running in emacs. I'm
> stuck with Wanderlust failing to connect to my server. It doesn't even
> prompt for my password any longer. I get a message back: "Cannot open:
> elmo-network-initialize-session". I've tried both the configuration of
> the default options in ~/.wl and a plain folder in ~/.folders as well
> as a more deluxe folder entry in ~/.folders.
>
> I've configured other email clients, like Thunderbird, to work with my
> server, a MS Exchange IMAP-protocol host.
(snip)
> Here is what I have in .folders
>
> %inbox:user123/login@server123:993

1. How did you configure your thunderbird to access server, via direct
connection or over SSL/TLS connection?

I assume you use over SSL/TLS connection, because port 993 is normally
used for it.  If that is correct, please answer below questions too.

2. What is the result of the below code? (C-x C-e at the last paren.)

(nth 3 (assoc "!" elmo-network-stream-type-alist))

3. Do you have required program?

answer of Q2        required external program
open-gnutls-stream  no external program is required
open-tls-stream     gnutls-cli
open-ssl-stream     openssl

4. Can you access your server over SSL/TLS with no problem?

(progn
  (require 'gnutls)
  (open-gnutls-stream "gnutls-tests" nil "server123" 993))

or

$ gnutls-cli --port 993 server123

or

$ openssl s_client -connect server123:993

5. Evaluate the below code and retry to access your folder
"%inbox:user123/login@server123:993!"  (the last "!" is needed).  And,
tell me the content of the buffer "*IMAP4 DEBUG*"

(setq elmo-imap4-debug t)

--
Kazuhiro Ito