wl-fastfind: quickly jump to search results

Hi,

I have put together a small library for Wanderlust that provides a
better UI for modern, fast mail search. I am calling this library
“wl-fastfind” for the moment.

wl-fastfind provides a unified user experience for: a) IMAP search of
a single archive folder, b) search via an elmo search folder (using
mu, namazu or notmuch) and c) search of a gmail “all mail” folder
using gmail queries.

It depends on some very recent changes to wanderlust, so it will only
work if you are using my packages or building from the github repo.

To use, fetch wl-fastfind.el from
https://gist.github.com/egh/46c6ced69402a92c0ec6 and evaluate.

You will need to customize the group `wl-fastfind'. Choose a search
method (elmo, imap, or gmail search) and set either a gmail username
(for gmail) or archive folder (for imap). If you are using elmo
search, you will need to ensure that you have set up mu, notmuch or
namazu, and set elmo-search-default-engine to either 'mu or 'notmuch
or 'namazu.

Having set up wl-fastfind, you can use it from either Folder or
summary modes by typing Y and entering a query string. WL should then
immediately jump to a folder containing the search results.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions about this. I would
like to get it included in Wanderlust if people find it useful

(An aside on elmo search: I have just added support for search folders
with the mu and notmuch engines to Wanderlust. The English manual now
contains information about how to use search folders with mu or
notmuch.)

best, Erik

--
Sent from my free software system <http://fsf.org/>.