Re: WL and org-store-link

On Wed, Nov 5, 2014, 21:43 James Harkins <jamshark70@qq.com> wrote:
At Thu, 06 Nov 2014 13:50:01 +1100,
Greg Bognar wrote:
> This could be more of an org-mode question, but it is relevant here too.
>
> Earlier today, I upgraded to GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (on Debian testing).  After
> the update, org-store-link stopped working in WL summary buffers with the
> message: "No method for storing a link from this buffer"
>
> You can use org-store-link to create a link to a message for insertion in an
> org-mode buffer (e.g., todo list).
>
> Before the update, org-store-link worked without problems with WL.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I can only confirm that there's no problem in Emacs 24.3.1 (from the Ubuntu PPA).

On the org side, I'd check whether org-wl is loading properly. Check the variable org-store-link-functions. It should include 'org-wl-store-link. If it doesn't, then org will fail to find the external link, and fall through the cases into the error message.

~~
org-store-link-functions is a variable defined in `org.el'.
Its value is
(org-w3m-store-link org-wl-store-link org-vm-store-link org-rmail-store-link org-mhe-store-link org-mew-store-link org-irc-store-link org-info-store-link org-gnus-store-link org-docview-store-link org-bibtex-store-link org-bbdb-store-link)
~~

hjh

PS I'm not a super-hardcore orgmode hacker, just a clever reader of source code. More detailed help may require intervention from the org list. ;)