Re: Default interactive folder search (Re: Modify wl-summary-pick to reduce IMAP traffic)

At Thu, 06 Nov 2014 22:57:12 +0900,
Kazuhiro Ito <kzhr@d1.dion.ne.jp> wrote:

> Please see
> https://github.com/wanderlust/wanderlust/pull/78
>
> This change reduces IMAP traffic.  But it increases other protocols
> traffic.
>
> So, I implemented alternate default for interactive folder search.
>
> If elmo-folder-search is called with setting NUMBERS argument to t,
> IMAP folder uses server-side search (same as the current default for
> non-interactive search), and other folders search from msgdb
> containing messages (same as the current default for interactive
> search).  Please see attached patch.

Hi Kazuhiro,

Thank you for looking into this issue. I didn’t realize that not
supplying a NUMBERS argument to elmo-folder-search might slow down
other protocols. It would, I think, be easier to check in the IMAP4
elmo-folder-search method to see if NUMBERS is equal to the list of
messages in the msgdb, but this seems like the more correct solution.

best, Erik

--
Sent from my free software system <http://fsf.org/>.