Re: TLS: checking a self-signed certificate

> I've just upgraded to Debian Jessie.  When I connect to my mail
> server, gnutls now complains that it can't verify the server's
> certificate ("The certificate is NOT trusted.  The certificate issuer
> is unknown.").  I don't want to enable insecure mode as I've
> apparently been using so far.  Instead, I want gnutls to check the
> certificate, which I have saved locally.

I think you use tls.el for TLS connection.  If so, you need to
customize tls-program variable.  If you use STARTTLS connection, you
would need to customize starttls-extra-arguments.  Anyway, you should
confirm which feature you use at first.

Please see
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.mail.wanderlust.general.japanese/9723/focus=9729

--