Re: Message buffer names

On Fri, 10 Apr 2015 12:38:28 +0200,
John Morris wrote:

> I second all of that regarding buffer switching; I have often wondered
> the same thing myself.
>
> I generally cut the relevant text to the scratch buffer, but thatʼs
> hardly a solution.
>
> Interested to hear what the reasoning behind the hidden buffer names
> is,

They don't clutter the buffer-list. Using the subject might get
complicated if you've read an entire thread -- it will be hard to
select the right buffer even if it contains the subject.

Maybe you could utilize ibuffer? Something like:

https://gist.github.com/dmj/722f217b060ad36acae5

Hm. Or maybe even better: Utilize registers.

C-x r ?

E.g.

Store point to register a

  C-x r SPC a

Jump to point in register a

  C-x r j a

That's what I use when composing drafts.

HTH,
  -- David