DRAFT Agenda and Package for January 9, 2003 Telechat

* DRAFT * DRAFT * DRAFT * DRAFT * DRAFT * DRAFT * DRAFT * DRAFT *
		INTERNET ENGINEERING STEERING GROUP (IESG)
	   Agenda for the January 9, 2003 IESG Teleconference

1. Administrivia

   o Roll Call
   o Bash the Agenda
   o Approval of the Minutes
	- December 27, 2002
   o Review of Action Items

OUTSTANDING TASKS
	Last updated: January 3, 2002

     o <draft-dfncis-netnews-admin-sys-04.txt> in Expert Review; Ned to
       evaluate.
DONE o Thomas Narten to send text to Scott Bradner re: kre's ipv6 appeal.
       Scott to incorporate.
IP   o Allison to review draft-agrawal-sip-h323-interworking-reqs
       and send decision to IESG. If OK, Steve/Secretariat to announce.
IP   o Ned to write MIME and MEDIA TYPES Roadmap document
IP   o Jeff to compare and contrast identity vs. identifier
IP   o Erik to document process of how the IESG goes about asking
       architectural questions of the IAB
IP   o Thomas to write (or cause to be written) a draft on "how to
       get to Draft".
IP   o Patrik to take action on elevating RFC2279 to Standard.
IP   o Thomas to contact Cablelabs to discuss formal relationship
       with IAB
DONE o Thomas to send in suggestions for Extensions Statement.
       Scott to incorporate
     o Patrik to re-evaluate state of draft-irtf-idrm-handle-system (Informational)
     o Patrik to re-evaluate state of draft-jaffer-metric-interchange-format (None)
     o Erik to re-evaluate state of draft-jl-pcdp (Informational)
DONE o Steve B. to re-evaluate state of draft-khan-gaur-secure-mpeg-syntax (Request)
IP   o Allison to re-evaluate state of draft-malis-sonet-ces-mpls (Request)
     o Patrik to re-evaluate state of draft-new-apex-server (Informational)
IP   o Ned to re-evaluate state of draft-tegen-smqp (Informational)
IP   o Ned to re-evaluate state of draft-tiwari-appl-wxxx-forms (Informational)
DONE o Allison and Thomas to draft note for draft-stoica-diffserv-dps

2. Protocol Actions

   o  Intrusion Detection Message Exchange Format Data Model and
	Extensible Markup Language (XML) Document Type Definition
	(Proposed Standard)
        <draft-ietf-idwg-idmef-xml-09.txt>
      Token: Bellovin, Steve

   o  A Presence Event Package for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
      (Proposed Standard)
        <draft-ietf-simple-presence-09.txt>
      Token: Faltstrom, Patrik
   		o An Extensible Markup Language (XML) Based Format for Watcher
	        Information (Proposed Standard)
	           <draft-ietf-simple-winfo-format-03.txt>
	      o A Watcher Information Event Template-Package for the Session
	 	  Initiation Protocol (SIP) (Proposed Standard)
                 <draft-ietf-simple-winfo-package-04.txt>

  o  iSCSI (Proposed Standard)
        <draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-19.txt>
     Token: Mankin, Allison

  o  Bootstrapping Clients using the iSCSI Protocol (Proposed Standard)
        <draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-boot-08.txt>
     Token: Mankin, Allison

  o  iSCSI Naming and Discovery (Informational)
        <draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-name-disc-08.txt>
     Token: Mankin, Allison

  o  RTP Payload Format for SMPTE 292M Video (Proposed Standard)
        <draft-ietf-avt-smpte292-video-08.txt>
     Token: Bradner, Scott

3. Individual via RFC Editor

   o Basic MGCP Packages (Informational)
        <draft-foster-mgcp-basic-packages-09.txt>
     Token: Bradner, Scott

4. Working Group Submissions

   o Requirements for Resource Priority Mechanisms for the Session
     Initiation Protocol (Informational)
       <draft-ietf-ieprep-sip-reqs-03.txt>
     Token: Mankin, Allison

5. Proposed Working Groups

   o License to Enhance Messaging Oriented Network Access for Diverse
     Endpoints
     Token:Ned

6. Working Group News We Can Use

7. IAB News we can use

8. Management Issues

   o Revised IDR (Inter-Domain Routing) Charter

	DRAFT * DRAFT * DRAFT * DRAFT * DRAFT * DRAFT * DRAFT *
			INTERNET ENGINEERING STEERING GROUP (IESG)
					December 27, 2002

Reported by: Jacqueline Hargest, IETF Assistant Director

ATTENDEES
---------
Alvestrand, Harald / Cisco
Austein, Rob / IAB Liaison
Bellovin, Steve / AT&T Labs
Bradner, Scott / Harvard
Bush, Randy / IIJ
Cotton, Michelle / ICANN
Faltstrom, Patrik / Cisco
Fenner, Bill / AT&T
Freed, Ned / Innosoft
Hargest, Jacqueline / IETF
Narten, Thomas / IBM
Schiller, Jeff / MIT
Wijnen, Bert / Lucent
Zinin, Alex / Alcatel

REGRETS
-------
Coya, Steve / IETF
Daigle, Leslie / Verisign (IAB)
Mankin, Allison / ISI
Nordmark, Erik / Sun
Reynolds, Joyce K. / ISI (RFC Editor)

Minutes
-------
1. The minutes of the December 12 Teleconference were approved.
Secretariat to place in public archives.

2. Prior to the December 27 teleconference, the following
document was APPROVED:
o 'STUN - Simple Traversal of UDP Through Network Address Translators'
(Proposed Standard) <draft-ietf-midcom-stun-05.txt>

3. Protocol Action APPROVED:
The IESG approved publication of 'RTP Payload Format for Enhanced
Variable Rate Codecs (EVRC) and Selectable Mode Vocoders SMV'
<draft-ietf-avt-evrc-smv-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard. Secretariat
to send announcement.

4. Working Group Documents APPROVED:
The IESG had no problem with the publication of the following
document 'Impairments And Other Constraints On Optical Layer Routing'
<draft-ietf-ipo-impairments-04.txt> as an Informational RFC.
Secretariat to convey to RFC Editor.
The IESG had no problem with the publication of the following document
'Middlebox Communications (MIDCOM) Protocol Evaluation'
<draft-ietf-midcom-protocol-eval-06.txt> as an Informational RFC.
Secretariat to convey to RFC Editor.

5. Working Group Documents TENTATIVELY APPROVED:
The IESG tentatively approved publication of 'Netlink as an IP Services
Protocol' <draft-ietf-forces-netlink-04.txt> as an Informational RFC.
Once Alex clears Thomas's objections concerning the title and abstract,
Secretariat will announce.
The IESG tentatively approved publication of 'Framework for Policy
Usage Feedback for Common Open Policy Service with Policy Provisioning
(COPS-PR)' <draft-ietf-rap-feedback-frwk-04.txt> as an Informational
RFC. Bert will cover Steve's nit with an RFC Editor Note. If ok,
Secretariat to send announcement.

6. Document Actions APPROVED:
The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'H.323 URL Scheme
Registration with IANA' <draft-levin-iptel-h323-url-scheme-05.txt>
as an Informational RFC. Secretariat to send announcement.
The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Basic Socket Interface
Extensions for IPv6' <draft-ietf-ipngwg-rfc2553bis-10.txt> as an
Informational RFC. Secretariat to send announcement.

7. Protocol Actions DEFERRED:
o Intrusion Detection Message Exchange Format Data Model and
Extensible Markup Language (XML) Document Type Definition
(Proposed Standard)
<draft-ietf-idwg-idmef-xml-09.txt>
o 'iSCSI' (Proposed) <draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-19.txt>
o 'Bootstrapping Clients using the iSCSI Protocol' (Proposed)
<draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-boot-08.txt>
o 'iSCSI Naming and Discovery' (Informational)
<draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-name-disc-08.txt>
Note: Randy Bush moved to separate the Boostrapping document
(draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-boot) from the other two. The first two documents
will pass if Steve Bellovin and Allison Mankin resolve Bellovin's
issues. Steve will then notify the Secretariat to update his position
to "no-ob". The third document will be held for Allison and Randy to
clean up.

8. Document Actions TENTATIVELY APPROVED:
o 'CR-LDP Extensions for ASON' (Informational)
<draft-aboulmagd-ccamp-crldp-ason-ext-02.txt>
Note: Michelle and Bert will check assignments issues. If ok,
Secretariat will announce.

9. The following documents are still under DISCUSSION:
o 'Session Initiation Protocol Basic Call Flow Examples' (BCP)
<draft-ietf-sipping-basic-call-flows-01.txt>
o 'DHCP Option for CableLabs Client Configuration' (Proposed)
<draft-ietf-dhc-packetcable-04.txt>
o 'Signalling of Modem-On-Hold status in Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol
(L2TP)' (Proposed)
<draft-ietf-l2tpext-v92-moh-03.txt>
Note: Scott will send a message with his desired changes, which Thomas
will take to the author(s).
o 'Known CN Request-Routing Mechanisms' (Informational)
<draft-ietf-cdi-known-request-routing-02.txt>
Note: Randy Bush registered a substantial issue.
o 'An Architecture for Open Pluggable Edge Services (OPES)'
(Informational)
<draft-ietf-opes-architecture-04.txt>
o 'Requirements for OPES Callout Protocols' (Informational)
<draft-ietf-opes-protocol-reqs-03.txt>
Note: Ned will draft a note to the WG re: security concerns for both of
these documents, and run it by the IESG.
o 'Basic MGCP Packages' (Informational)
<draft-foster-mgcp-basic-packages-09.txt>
Note: Allison has some concerns and was not on the call to discuss.

10. Working Group Action:
o License to Enhance Messaging Oriented Network Access for
Diverse Endpoints (LEMONADE)
Token: Ned
Note: Remaining issue concerning the charter. Allison needs to give
input. Bill recommended a wording change because of "unified
messaging"; and the acronym doesn't indicate what they do. Ned to
send new version of charter; Secretariat to post and send
announcement to new-work.

11. NEW Action Items:
o Harald will send final text for kre appeal, to be sent to kre
and ietf-announce, and to be posted on appeals web page
o Bill and Jacqueline to work out a system to ensure proper
assignment of individual submissions

12. Outstanding Action Items: