RE: IANA considerations requirement in "AD Review of I-Ds" (http: //w ww.ietf.org/ID-nits.html)

> IANA knows that assignments under
> - mib-2 needs stds track or IETF consensus approval.

is that written someplace?

how about extens to the foo (insert trunk, printer, xxx) MIB?

I  have not seen this to be a mib-specific problem but I have seen
it far too often with other IETF technologies to not expect it
relative to MIBs

> I think IANA understands that very well

its not a question (mostly) of the IANA understanding, its having
something written so others will know or at least can be pointed at
when they try - this is preventive in teh case of MIBs but I
think we need to take care here or we will be hurt later

Scott