Re: Dan Bernstein's issues about namedroppers list operation

> Specifically, all mail sent to namedroppers is:
>
> 1) first run through spamassassin. Mail that is rejected here is not
>    archived, as the number of such messages is large. All mail sent to
>    mailing lists on the server hosting namedroppers is run though
>    spamassassin, so this is not a namedroppers-specific procedure.

SpamAssissin needs to be shot.  Most of its criteria are really poorly chosen.
Even if its criteria are good at identifying spam on a large scale (with few
false positives) that doesn't mean they will work well for a narrowly-focused
discussion.  In my experience SpamAssassin has too high a false positive rate
to be trusted without human review as a backup.

Keith

p.s. regarding messages that did not make it to the namedroppers archive -
are the IETF archives still using to/cc message headers to decide which
archive a message should be stored in?   if so, is it possible that a message
which was sent to multiple lists might be archived in only one of those lists?