Re: 18 months

Dave,

if I have made an attack on you personally, I apologize.

My asking for you to present the basis for your conclusions was not intended as a personal attack.

The role I have been trying to take on the problem-statement list has very much been that of asking questions; due to the fact that I am IETF chair, I have largely refrained from suggesting fixes to the process, and even tried to rein in my (fairly intense) desire to point out what *I* think the problems are - because I think it is more important that other voices get heard.

While it's no secret that I disagree with you on how to fix the problems of the IETF, I think there's a fair amount of truth in the symptoms you have pointed out, and that if other people investigate the same basic data, there's a fair chance that they will come to the same kinds of conclusions about what the problems are.

And I still don't think it's unreasonable to ask you to present those data.

Harald