FW: Last Call: CR-LDP Extensions for ASON to Informational

Bob Braden answers Kireeti:

>  *> If code points are to be allocated from the space to be allocated by
>  *> IETF Consensus, I strongly suggest that a *Standards Track* document be
>  *> written, with more detail on the messages, especially their processing.
>
> Indeed, that is what "IETF consensus" means, isn't it?
>

> Bob Braden

Now I thought that we (IESG) recently discussed this and that we agreed
that "IETF consensus" only means that we IETF Last Call the document,
and not that it MUST be stds track or bcp.

It would be good if we clear this up and if RFC-Editor would at least say
the same as we do.

Bert