RE: ITU related LDP assignments

I think these assignments are indeed as requested.

So if the documents get approved as is, then these are
OK (in my eyes at least). Scott and I have requested
the bala and osama documents to be on IESG agenda next
week.

Further answers inline

Thanks,
Bert

That is correct.

> I will wait for your instruction on what to do next.

I am checking, but possibly the bala doc needs to be IETF
Last Called too. In any event, the IESG still have to approve
both documents, so for now you keep this list in your back-pocket
and when we approve you can make them public.
If at all possible we should try and shoot for approval
next week thusrday and publication either that Thursday or
early Friday.

> Thanks,
>
> Michelle
>
> <draft-bala-uni-ldp-rsvp-extensions-03.txt>
>
> Per the IANA Considerations section:
> 4.1 LDP Messages, TLVs and Status Codes
>
>    Proposed TLV types 0x0960 û 0x0970 as described in Sections 2.1 û
>    2.7 above.
>
> I have added these to the registry using the proposed values.  I need
> these to be checked to make sure that were added in correctly.

I think they are correct. I am checking with Bala to be sure.

>    UNI-specific status codes have been allocated out of the Private Use
>    space, i.e., 0x3Fxxxxxx. These do not require IANA administration.
>
> I understand this to mean that the IANA does not have to do anything.

That is indeed what it means. We are still having some IESG discussion
if this is appropriate or not. We will inform you if it changes.

> <draft-aboulmagd-crldp-ason-ext-02.txt.
>
> Per the IANA Considerations section:
> This draft uses the LDP RFC 3036 [4] name spaces; see
>    http://www.iana.org/assignments/ldp-namespaces, which require
>    assignment for the following messages:
>
>    Call Setup
>    Call Release
>
> These have been added to the registry.  They need to be checked
> to make sure they are in the correct place.

I think so. Would be good if Bob can also check, and I will check
with Osama.

>    The assignment for the following TLVs
>
>    Op-Sp Call ID TLV
>    GU Call ID TLV
>    Call Capability TLV
>    Crankback TLV
>
> I have added these in the 0x0800-0x08FF CR-LDP block.  Please tell
> me if this is incorrect and where they should go instead.

I think this is fine. I could imagine that since it is for UNI related
stuff, that thye might prefer them closer to the code points of the
bala document. I will check.

>    The assignment for the new error codes as listed in section 5 of
>    this draft.
>
> I have added these to the registy in the CR-LDP block.  These
> need to be checked to make sure they were done correctly.

I think so. Again will check with Osama

Bert