Re: Financials web page - absolutely last call

Title: Re: Financials web page - absolutely last call
At 1:12 PM +0100 1/17/03, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
Check out http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/chair/financials.html

I have at last included the Foretec performance bonus, and think that this now shows a reasonable record of Foretec's financial activities on our behalf in 2001.

If no great objections arrive, I'll tell the IETF that it exists.

                    Harald

Harald,  here are the 2002 actuals you requested.

The financial resources come in two groups:
Funding from the Internet Society. This is accounted for in Internet
   Society financial reports.

   This supports:
        The RFC Editor  = $428,300
        The IETF Chair's discretionary funds = $73,748
        The expenses related to the IAB = $13,287
        Insurance = $20,000

total = $535,535

The figures above only include the funding we provide TO various IETF efforts.  ISOC also incurs other costs related to raising the funds to cover these expenses.

Funding from the meeting fees. This pays for the meetings and the secretariat support, and is accounted for below.

Harald, can you make it clear that these fees are separate from ISOC's funds and that we do not receive any finds from the IETF meetings themselves.    Many potential organization members are confused by this point and it makes our fundraising efforts difficult.

Thanks,

Lynn