Re: Financials web page - absolutely last call

Eric Rescorla <ekr@rtfm.com> writes:

> (1) The biggest single item is "food and beverages". I understand
>     that this seems like kind of an undifferentiated category,
>     but due to the size of the expense it seems like it would
>     be worthwhile understanding where the money goes in some more
>     detail (e.g., what events, how much to food, beverage, etc.)

It does look big. But consider this. In 2001, attendance was:

SLC: 1803
london: 2321
Minneapolis: 2026
Total: 6150

Thus, the expense of $862,500 comes out to $140/ per person. If you
then figure that each of those attendees was present for 4
days/breakfasts, that comes out to roughly $35 per person per day. I
don't have a hard time believing such a figure being charged by the
hotel for breakfast, cookies, coffee, etc.

I agree that folk will wonder about the number.  It might make sense
to add to the side a note saying this is roughly $140 per paid
attendee.

Thomas