Re: Financials web page - absolutely last call

--On tirsdag, januar 21, 2003 14:50:37 -0500 "Steven M. Bellovin" <smb@research.att.com> wrote:

I agree that folk will wonder about the number.  It might make sense
to add to the side a note saying this is roughly $140 per paid
attendee.

We can/should post a similar analysis about the reserve fund, in terms
of how many attendees "missing" per meeting would drain it.

I think it's actually time to get this into the public view, and see what questions *really* get asked. We are capable of generating all to much fear, uncertainty and doubt when we theorize.

And be ready to answer the questions....

one final note: this is the money we *used* in 2001. In planning, this is mainly useful as baseline data. No matter of second-guessing will change what the amounts were in 2001. And they'll be different for 2002, no matter what.

Harald