Re: The note to Tony Li about draft-ietf-isis-traffic

--On torsdag, januar 23, 2003 16:44:10 -0800 Alex Zinin <zinin@psg.com> wrote:

My suggestion to him was to exercise his role of the WG chair in the
technical expert mode (as opposed to just a managerial one), where he
should ensure that the WG does not build a consensus around a broken
idea. And believe me, he can do this very effectively. Of course, WG
chairs and ADs come and go...
they do. And tonys come and go too, something he doesn't want to admit....
Another idea that we briefly discussed was the possibility to freeze
specifications, like it is possible in JTC1... He says it would also
solve his problems, but we don't have such a tool...
and anything frozen by the standards process can be unfrozen through the same process....

So the question still remains: what other tool can we offer to Tony...
WG chairmanship looks like the best compromise to me...
He has that, too. If we want to remove him next time his "I want the whole loaf" approach becomes a problem, tying the resolution of this problem to his chairmanship increases the problems with easing him out of it.

Worry is....

Harald