From: Robert Elz [mailto:kre@munnari.OZ.AU]
Sent: woensdag 29 januari 2003 11:57
To: Bernard Aboba
Cc: problem-statement@alvestrand.no
Subject: Re: Frameworks for analysis: quality control and resource
availability

.. snip ..

Another part of the problem (this particular problem) seems to me that
we have started to strive for perfection in PS's - we want to fix every
possible thing (we being both the WG's, and perhaps even moreso, the IESG)
before allowing publication.

I consider this a problem - in PS's we should be keeping very well aware
of the "Proposed" nature, and stop seeking to make the things perfect.
They should be made better before getting to DS state (by that stage,
good enough that all the substance should be pretty much right) and as
good as we'll ever get them at Full Standard (and even that shouldn't
be expecting perfection - even full standards can be corrected, updated,
etc, as required).

How to get everyone to agree to lower the bar, I have no idea.

.. snip ..