Re: Forward: Re: ipseckey (fwd)

On Friday, Jan 31, 2003, at 13:46 America/Montreal, Rob Austein wrote:
From: Steve Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
Date: Fri Jan 31, 2003  13:00:39 America/Montreal
To: iesg@ietf.org
Cc: iesg-secretary@ietf.org
Subject: Re: ipseckey (fwd)

For Thursday's agenda:  a first cut at a charter for ipseckey.
(Timing is tight, so I haven't run this by y'all first.  Feel free to
amend.  This draft is by Michael Richardson, the main energy source for
the effort, but very probably the wrong choice for chair.)
Proposed Schedule needs to have additional clarity on what the
deliverables are, what RFC status is anticipated, etc.

Otherwise, it seems reasonable to me.

I have no data on Michael Richardson as chair.  I would suggest
the IESG consider using a co-chair setup -- one being a DNS expert
(to avoid any DNS badness) and one being more of a key management
person (to avoid any security badness).

Ran