RE: Last Call: Internet Printing Protocol (IPP): Event Notifications andSubscriptions to Proposed Standard

Regarding draft-ietf-ipp-not-spec-10
1. Accept IANA recommendation and Ned Freed's wording regarding 24.7.2.3 IANA Registrations
2. Ned is correct in pointing out that registration for Event and Delivery methods for IPP will be requested in companion documents and that, as the draft-ietf-ipp-notify-get-08.txt is the only such request at this time. "IPP Get" is the The only other registration of this type that I anticipate in the near term is for e-mail notification. I need to check with authors of that delivery method to see how eminent this may be.
3. Confirm 6 registrations of ENUM ATTRIBUTE VALUES
4. Confirm 28 registrations in the ATTRIBUTES IPP registry
5. Confirm that there are 9 (as listed by Ned), not 8, registrations in the OPERATIONS IPP registry
6. There are two status codes to register "successful" and "client-error"... (not 4).
7.  Yes, there are 2 ATTRIBUTE GROUP TAGS registered

Regarding draft-ietf-ipp-notify-get-08
1. Only one registration ("ippget") in the KEYWORD ATTRIBUTE VALUES IPP registry is requested in draft-ietf-ipp-notify-get-08 registrations. What may appear as a cut and paste error is the author's attempt to reference the "base" Notification specification reflecting usage of this keyword.
2. 1 registration in the ENUM ATTRIBUTE VALUES IPP registry is correct.
3. 1 registration in the ATTRIBUTES IPP registry is correct.
4. 1 registration in the OPERATIONS IPP registry is correct.
5. 1 registration in the STATUS CODES IPP registry is correct.
6. Ned is correct in pointing out that draft-ietf-ipp-notify-get-08 should request an entry in the new Events and Delivery Methods registry for IPP!

Please note that one of the authors (Tom Hastings) may be on vacation or short term sabbatical as my attempts to collaborate a response have failed and I have heard that he is out of the country. I will get further clarification on Tom's whereabouts and ability to respond.
Harry Lewis
IBM Printing Systems

ned.freed@mrochek.com

01/31/2003 03:57 PM