IESG Telechat Agenda and Package for Febuary 6, 2003

		INTERNET ENGINEERING STEERING GROUP (IESG)
	   Agenda for the February 6, 2003 IESG Teleconference

1. Administrivia

   o Roll Call
   o Bash the Agenda
   o Approval of the Minutes
	- January 23, 2003
   o Review of Action Items

OUTSTANDING TASKS
        Last updated: February 5, 2002

IP   o <draft-dfncis-netnews-admin-sys-04.txt> in Expert Review; Ned to
       evaluate.
IP   o Allison to review draft-agrawal-sip-h323-interworking-reqs
       and send decision to IESG. If OK, Steve/Secretariat to announce.
IP   o Ned to write MIME and MEDIA TYPES Roadmap document
IP   o Erik to document process of how the IESG goes about asking
       architectural questions of the IAB
IP   o Thomas to write (or cause to be written) a draft on "how to
       get to Draft".
IP   o Patrik to take action on elevating RFC2279 to Standard.
IP   o Thomas to contact Cablelabs to discuss formal relationship
       with IAB
IP   o Patrik to re-evaluate state of draft-irtf-idrm-handle-system (Informational)
IP   o Erik to re-evaluate state of draft-jl-pcdp (Informational)
IP   o Allison to re-evaluate state of draft-malis-sonet-ces-mpls (Request).
       Allison to send message to Andy.
IP   o Ned to re-evaluate state of draft-tegen-smqp (Informational)
DONE o Ned to re-evaluate state of draft-tiwari-appl-wxxx-forms (Informational)
IP   o Thomas to get IESG's sign off for draft-stoica-diffserv-dps.
       Secretariat to announce.
IP   o Secretariat to publish all liaison statements immediately.
IP   o Secretariat to have aliases for statements to ietf.org that goes
       to ticket system.
IP   o Secretariat to include all IETF Secretariat action items on the
       list.
IP   o Harald to compose note for draft-ietf-isis-traffic-04.txt.
IP   o Scott and Allison to confer on draft-foster-mgcp-basic-packages
       and return next week with discussion points.
DONE o Secretariat to place 'lemonade' on new-work.
DONE o Secretariat to note in minutes of January 9, 2003 that the IDR
       Working Group was discussed and approved.
IP   o Ned to email Secretariat about draft-new-apex-server; Secretariat to
       forward to RFC Editor.
DONE o Secretariat to send all liaison statements to ticketing system for
       tracking.
IP   o Harald to draft note regarding Zorn Formal Appeal Against IESG
       decision.  Secretariat to announce.
IP   o Secretariat to list all known meetings that overlap/conflict with
       IETF on existing calendar.

2. Protocol Actions

   o A Conservative SACK-based Loss Recovery Algorithm for TCP
     (Proposed Standard)
        <draft-allman-tcp-sack-13.txt>
      Token:  Bradner, Scott

3. Returning to Agenda

   o Internet Printing Protocol/1.1: IPP URL Scheme (Proposed Standard)
        <draft-ietf-ipp-url-scheme-05.txt>
     Token: Freed, Ned
     Note: Waiting for Patrik to clear discuss
   o Link Selection sub-option for the Relay Agent Information Option for
     DHCPv4 (Proposed Standard)
        <draft-ietf-dhc-agent-subnet-selection-04.txt>
     Token: Narten, Thomas
     Note: On Hold until DHC WG gets updated charter and credible plan for
     addressing DHC security shortcomings.
   o Guidelines for Writing RFC Text on Security Considerations (BCP)
        <draft-iab-sec-cons-02.txt>
     Token: Nordmark, Erik
     Note: Waiting for Ned's review of the changed text in 02.

4. Working Group Submissions

   o Alternative OSPF ABR Implementations (Informational)
        <draft-ietf-ospf-abr-alt-05.txt>
     Token: Fenner, Bill
   o IP over Optical Networks: A Framework (Informational)
        <draft-ietf-ipo-framework-03.txt>
     Token: Bradner, Scott
   o Robust ECN Signaling with Nonces (Experimental)
	  <draft-ietf-tsvwg-tcp-nonce-04.txt>
     Token: Mankin, Allison
   o Benchmarking Methodology for Firewall Performance (Informational)
        <draft-ietf-bmwg-firewall-08.txt>
     Token: Bush, Randy

5. Individual Submissions

   o Mesh-enhanced Service Location Protocol (Experimental)
        <draft-zhao-slp-da-interaction-16.txt>
     Token: Narten, Thomas
     Note: Original request was to publish on standards track, but authors
     have agreed to go experimental based on IESG feedback. This version
     also incorporates feedback from IESG reviewers.
   o The Ogg encapsulation format version 0 (Informational)
        <draft-pfeiffer-ogg-fileformat-01.txt>
     Token: Mankin, Allison
     Note: Outcome of IESG discussion 2003-Jan-23: WG and authors should
     review Harald's question - maybe a rev is needed - question is in
     comment section and sent to WG.
   o Private Session Initiation Protocol(SIP) Proxy-to-Proxy Extensions
     for Supporting DCS (Informational)
       <draft-dcsgroup-sipping-proxy-proxy-02.txt>
     Token: Mankin, Allison
     Note: For 2003-Feb-06 agenda - ballot not needed, it is an
     Informational document that has had Expert Review by the SIPPING
     working group.

6. Proposed Working Groups

   o IPSEC KEYing information resource record (ipseckey)
	Token:Steve Belllovin
   o Enhancements to Internet email to support diverse service
     environments (lemonade)
      Token: Ned
     Note: New title: Enhancements to Internet email to support
     diverse service environments (lemonade) and updated charter
   o PROBLEM (problem)
      Token: Harald

7. Working Group News We Can Use

8. IAB News we can use

9. Management Issues

    o IESG Statement about International Domain Names
    o IANA adding Names of STD organizations when assigning code points
    o Revision to media types registration procedure
    o OPES note and ICAP IESG notes
    o crldp no-last-call complaint
    o IETF/IEEE issues

                DRAFT * DRAFT * DRAFT * DRAFT * DRAFT * DRAFT * DRAFT *
                        INTERNET ENGINEERING STEERING GROUP (IESG)
                                   January 23, 2002

Reported by: Jacqueline Hargest, IETF Assistant Director

ATTENDEES
---------
Alvestrand, Harald / Cisco
Bellovin, Steve / AT&T Labs
Bradner, Scott / Harvard
Cotton, Michelle / ICANN
Daigle, Leslie / Verisign (IAB)
Faltstrom, Patrik / Cisco
Fenner, Bill / AT&T
Floyd, Sally / IAB Liaison
Freed, Ned / Innosoft
Hargest, Jacqueline / IETF
Mankin, Allison / Bell Labs, Lucent
Narten, Thomas / IBM
Nordmark, Erik / Sun
Reynolds, Joyce K. / ISI (RFC Editor)
Schiller, Jeff / MIT
Wijnen, Bert / Lucent
Zinin, Alex / Alcatel

REGRETS
-------
Austein, Rob / IAB Liaison
Bush, Randy / IIJ
Coya, Steve / IETF

Minutes
-------
1. The minutes of the January 9, 2003 teleconference were approved,
pending the Secretariat including a note that the IDR Working Group
was discussed and approved. Secretariat to then place in public
archives.

2. Prior to the January 23, 2003 teleconference, the following
documents were APPROVED:

o 'DHCP Option for CableLabs Client Configuration' (Proposed)
<draft-ietf-dhc-packetcable-06.txt>
o 'More MODP Diffie-Hellman groups for IKE' (Proposed)
<draft-ietf-ipsec-ike-modp-groups-05.txt>
o 'FC Frame Encapsulation' (Proposed)
<draft-ietf-ips-fcencapsulation-08.txt>
o 'Fibre Channel Over TCP/IP (FCIP)' (Proposed)
<draft-ietf-ips-fcovertcpip-12.txt>
o 'iFCP - A Protocol for Internet Fibre Channel Storage
Networking' (Proposed)
<draft-ietf-ips-ifcp-14.txt>
o 'RTP Payload Format for SMPTE 292M Video' (Proposed)
<draft-ietf-avt-smpte292-video-08.txt>
o 'Securing Block Storage Protocols over IP' (Proposed)
<draft-ietf-ips-security-16.txt>
o 'MDN profile for IMAP' (Proposed)
<draft-melnikov-imap-mdn-05.txt>

3. The following action items were reported as DONE:

o Allison and Thomas to draft note for draft-stoica-diffserv-dps
o Scott to summarize discussion on the Osama document.
o Patrik to re-evaluate state of draft-jaffer-metric-interchange-format
(None)

4. Protocol Action APPROVED:

The IESG approved publication of 'Diameter Base Protocol'
<draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-17.txt> as a Proposed Standard. Secretariat
to announce.

5. Protocol Actions TENTATIVELY APPROVED:

The IESG has tentatively approved publication of 'The AES-XCBC-MAC-96
Algorithm and Its Use With IPsec'
<draft-ietf-ipsec-ciph-aes-xcbc-mac-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard,
pending note from Jeff Schiller. Once received, Secretariat to
announce.

The IESG has tentatively approved publication of 'The application/ogg
Media Type' <draft-walleij-ogg-mediatype-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard,
pending RFC Editor Note from Allison. Once received, Secretariat to
announce.

6. Document Actions APPROVED:

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Diameter Command Codes for
3GPP Release 5' <draft-loughney-aaa-cc-3gpp-01.txt> as an
Informational RFC. Secretariat to send announcement.

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'CR-LDP Extensions for ASON'
<draft-aboulmagd-ccamp-crldp-ason-ext-02.txt> as an Informational RFC.
Secretariat to send announcement.

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'LDP and RSVP Extensions for
Optical UNI Signaling' <draft-bala-uni-ldp-rsvp-extensions-04.txt> as
an Informational RFC. Secretariat to send announcement.

7. The following documents are still under DISCUSSION:

o 'Intrusion Detection Message Exchange Format Data Model and
Extensible Markup Language (XML) Document Type Definition' (Proposed)
<draft-ietf-idwg-idmef-xml-09.txt>
o 'IP over Optical Networks A Framework' (Informational)
<draft-ietf-ipo-framework-03.txt>
o 'Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Certificate Policy and
Certification Practices Framework' (Informational)
<draft-ietf-pkix-ipki-new-rfc2527-01.txt>
o 'Policy Requirements for Time-Stamping Authorities' (Informational)
<draft-ietf-pkix-pr-tsa-02.txt>
o 'Generic Requirements for Provider Provisioned VPN' (Informational)
<draft-ietf-ppvpn-generic-reqts-02.txt>
o 'The Ogg encapsulation format version 0' (Informational)
<draft-pfeiffer-ogg-fileformat-01.tx>
o 'IP Version 6 over MAPOS' (Informational)
<draft-ogura-ipv6-mapos-01.txt>

8. Working Group Action:

o 'License to Enhance Messaging Oriented Network Access for Diverse
Endpoints' (lemonade)
Note: Secretariat to send Working Group Review Message to
ietf-announce and new-work mailing list.

9. DNP:

o 'Per Hop Behaviors Based on Dynamic Packet State' (Experimental)
<draft-stoica-diffserv-dps-02.txt>
Note: Thomas to send RFC Editor Note to Secretariat. Secretariat
to send DNP announcement.

10. NEW Action Items:

o Secretariat to note in minutes of January 9, 2003 that the IDR
Working Group was discussed and approved.
o Ned to email Secretariat about draft-new-apex-server; Secretariat to
forward to RFC Editor.
o Secretariat to send all liaison statements to ticketing system for
tracking.
o Harald to draft note regarding Zorn Formal Appeal Against IESG
Decision. Secretariat to send announcement.
o Secretariat to list all known meetings that overlap/conflict with
IETF on existing calendar.

11. Outstanding Action Items:

[...]
IP o Ned to re-evaluate state of draft-tiwari-appl-wxxx-forms (Informational)
IP o Thomas to get IESG's sign off for draft-stoica-diffserv-dps.
Secretariat to announce.
IP o Secretariat to publish all liaison statements immediately.
o Secretariat to have aliases for statements to ietf.org that goes
to ticket system.
IP o Secretariat to include all IETF Secretariat action items on the
list.
IP o Harald to compose note for draft-ietf-isis-traffic-04.txt.
IP o Scott and Allison to confer on draft-foster-mgcp-basic-packages
and return next week with discussion points.
IP o Secretariat to place 'lemonade' on new-work.

12. The following action items have been removed:

IP o Jeff to compare and contrast identity vs. identifier
   o Patrik to re-evaluate state of draft-new-apex-server
     (Informational)