Re: Last Call: OpenPGP Message Format to Proposed Standard

On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 03:47:34PM -0500, The IESG wrote:

> The IESG has received a request from the An Open Specification for
> Pretty Good Privacy Working Group to consider OpenPGP Message Format
> <draft-ietf-openpgp-rfc2440bis-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard.

I do not believe that bis-06 is ready yet.  There are still several
unresolved issues ranging from simple cut-and-paste errors to a new
signature class that was named, but the draft is missing any
explanation of how to generate it.

There was considerable discussion on the WG mailing list after bis-06
and I believe most of the issues were settled.  I am surprised to see
bis-06 and not a bis-07 being suggested for promotion.  Is this an
error?

David