Re: Experimental RFC to be: draft-stoica-diffserv-dps-01.txt

"Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" wrote:

> > > That's correct. Would this be ok?
> >
> > If it's all invisible to IP, fine with me. You are now no longer
> > modifying IP.
> >
> But now maybe you start to step on MPLS toes?
> So we may need to check what it means there if you go that route.
>
> Bert

Well then there is always the possibility to define our
own fixed size label between the IP hader and eventually
the MPLS header. Would that be acceptable? The reason
we suggested to use MPLS was just to leverage an existing
technology.

Ion