Re: axfr-clarify's fraudulent claims of consensus

> Mark.Andrews@isc.org writes:
> > Server 1 master for example.com and slave for division.example.com.
>   [ and division.example.com decides to change its NS records: ]
> > You receive email with the new delegation information. You update
> > example.com
>
> Your hypothetical scenario breaks down here, for two reasons:
>
>    (1) That configuration violates RFC 1034.

	It does not.

>    (2) My software doesn't allow that configuration.

	Well as we keep pointing out your software is BROKEN.

> Consequently, your claims of failure have no connection to reality. The
> situation simply doesn't occur. (What actually happens is that the NS
> record is updated when the child zone is transferred, as it should be.)
>
> In more detail:
>
>    (1) RFC 1034, sections 4.2.1 and 4.2.2, make crystal clear that the
>        NS record for division.example.com is supposed to be exactly the
>        same in the example.com zone and the division.example.com zone.

	But the parent version *IS* a exact copy in both of the
	senarios given.  Just because it is not what is in the *old*
	copy of the child zone doesn't make it not a exact copy.

>    (2) When my software is handling both zones, it enforces the RFC 1034
>        requirement, by unifying the data for the two zones. There isn't
>        a division.example.com NS record in the example.com zone separate
>        from the same NS record in the division.example.com zone.

	Which is a problem in your software as it is a problem in BIND4
	and BIND 8.