Re: "Stuckees?"

I guess that many people at the IETF work in a different
environment than I do...  But, it would be hard for me
to go to my boss and tell him that I needed to make a
firm time commitment to an IETF WG, so that I could attain
the exalted position of "stuckee".

It would be much easier for me to convince him that
I needed to make a time commitment to be considered
a core WG member, a contributing WG member, or something
like that...

I do (explicitly, during my goals setting exercises)
get approval from my boss to set aside a percentage
of my time for each of my IETF activities.  In those
groups in which I am not a chair, an editor and/or an
author on an important document, I ask for time to
serve as a "contributor".  I'd _never_ even consider
asking for extra time to serve as a "stuckee".

Margaret