Re: [iesg-secretary #5718] WG Review: Problem Statement (problem)

Your request #5718 was resolved by jhargest:

IESG: FYI

Good idea.

> This group is charged with producing the document describing
> these problems. The analysis of the problem should seek out
> the root causes
> of the problems as well as the perceived derivative problems.
>
> The intent is that the group will discuss issues on its
> mailing list, and that there will be an editing team to
> produce a clear concise problem statement on which the group
> has come to consensus and present to the IETF as a basis for
> an IETF consensus.
>
> As a second work item, the group will also produce a proposal
> for a process to develop solutions to the problems identified
> by this working group.

Since one of the major problems already identified is the ability and
willingness of both individual ADs and the IESG as a whole to ignore
clear WG consensus, it is difficult to see how this proposed WG could
perform its function.