draft-ietf-ipngwg-rfc2292bis-08.txt

Thomas,

This document says the following:

Section 2.4

<snip>
We define the following protocol names with the values shown.  These
   are taken under http://www.iana.org/numbers.html.

draft-ietf-ipngwg-rfc2292bis-08.txt                            [Page 18]

INTERNET-DRAFT        Advanced Sockets API for IPv6     October 16, 2002

       hopopt           0    # hop-by-hop options for ipv6
       ipv6            41    # ipv6
       ipv6-route      43    # routing header for ipv6
       ipv6-frag       44    # fragment header for ipv6
       esp             50    # encapsulating security payload for ipv6
       ah              51    # authentication header for ipv6
       ipv6-icmp       58    # icmp for ipv6
       ipv6-nonxt      59    # no next header for ipv6
       ipv6-opts       60    # destination options for ipv6

Section 3.

<snip>
We note that IPPROTO_RAW has no
   special meaning to an IPv6 raw socket (and the IANA currently
   reserves the value of 255 when used as a next-header field).

This confuses me.  Should there be an IANA considerations section?
Are these values already assigned or do they need to be assigned.
If so where?

Thanks,

Michelle