Re: Evaluation: draft-ietf-pilc-link-design - Advice for Internet Subnetwork Designers to BCP

On torsdag, mar 6, 2003, at 21:14 Europe/Stockholm, Russ Housley wrote:

I see significant use of S/MIME, but it is not as significant as I would like. The reason for less than ubiquitous usage (in my opinion) is that it is too difficult to get certificates. It is not something that my Dad could do. This is something we need to make a lot easier. I was expecting to see a BoF on this subject in San Francisco, but the organizers evaporated. I am going to try and get different people to carry the effort forward.
This would be VERY appreciated.

By the way...now when we have an expert online ;-)

I am looking at this "web of trust" by Thawte...is that something which might resolve this issue?

https://www.thawte.com/html/COMMUNITY/index.html

paf