Re: Draft Minutes of March 6, 2003 Telechat

On fredag, mar 7, 2003, at 01:03 Europe/Stockholm, iesg-secretary@ietf.org wrote:

4. Document Actions APPROVED:

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Terminology Used in
Internationalization in the IETF' <draft-hoffman-i18n-terms-11.txt>
as an Informational RFC.  Secretariat to send announcement.
I asked explicitly to have this document not approved, but "IESG do not object this being published" being sent to the RFC-Editor, as the document came from IESG Editor and not directly to IESG.

Is it my (english -> swedish) translation of "approved" which is wrong? I.e. in my head, "approve" means IESG take an action to say "this is good and should be published" while what I recommended IESG saying is "we don't object". The latter would make it easier for the RFC-Editor to reject publication if they want to.

paf