Re: Changes in response to IESG review of RTP

Folks,

For a long time I had a vexing Action Item about sending in the RFC
Editor notes for the tentative passage of RTP and the RTP Profile to
Draft Standard.  You guys probably don't remember it, but it was there
for a while, because the notes were a bit intricate, though nothing
was substantive.  The most technical change was the SEC AD request to
point out that the documented encryption approach in RTP should point
out that an AES-based appraoch was on the way, which these changes
have done.

The real reason for delay was a month or so in when we discovered that
one of the profiles had been implemented in reverse-endian by Cisco,
due to adhering to an AAL2 pattern.  There ensued a lengthy polling of
the broad community, including ITU SGs, and assuaging Cisco, before we
determined that this error was not one that should affect the IETF
Draft Standard.  But the WG and Chairs had asked me to hold the
documents while this poll was conducted.  The upshot was no change to
the profile.

Then they asked to re-do the drafts, as you see now.

Now I would like your trust that the new i-ds are fine and I would
like to ask the Secretariat to announce them as approved Draft
Standards, because they really do reflect our review and approval,
based on my tracking them all the way through.

Any issues?

Allison