Re: please review rfc-index.xml

At 06:31 PM 3/18/2003 -0800, Bob Braden wrote:
Would you care to give a testimonial? ;=)
Well, think about it this way. Every night, I have a job that runs that generates:

ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/fred/internal/cisco-internet-drafts.html
ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/fred/internal/stds.html

ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/fred/rfc-index/rfc.html
ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/fred/rfc-index/drafts.html
ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/fred/rfc-index/std.html

The first two are only visible within Cisco; the others are kept visible outside, and at least one of them is pointed to from the RFC Editor's page.

I generate them from http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/1id-index.txt and ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc-index.txt. I do this using a collection of awk scripts.

Think about it.

It would be really nice if I could start from something moderately regular, that had the right information, and one could imagine generating them in a different order, with the abstract, or etc.

I'm all for it...