Re: Kill the hardcopy IETF Proceedings

Kill it.

At 01:05 PM 3/19/2003 -0800, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
I think it's time to kill this venerable tradition.
No more hardcopies.

OK?

---------- Forwarded Message ----------
Date: 19. mars 2003 15:44 -0500
From: "Barbara B. Fuller" <bfuller@foretec.com>
To: harald@alvestrand.no
Cc: leslie@thinkingcat.com, Jacob Munoz <jmunoz@foretec.com>, Albert Vezza <avezza@foretec.com>
Subject: **IETF Proceedings**

Hi Harald:

As you know, IETF meeting attendees currently have the option of purchasing
either a hard copy or CD-ROM version of the proceedings. The cost of the
hard copy is $250 and the cost of the CD-ROM is $20. Most people who
purchase the proceedings purchase the CD-ROM. For example, for the 56th
meeting, 379 attendees have requested the CD-ROM and 8 attendees have
requested the hard copy.

The Secretariat is considering eliminating the hard copy proceedings and
offering a CD-ROM with print capabilities. This CD-ROM would allow the
user to print a PDF version of the proceedings on either A4 or US Letter
paper.

I would like to request permission from the IESG to make this change. Is
this note sufficient to initiate the process? If not, then please let me
know the correct procedure.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Barbara