Re: please review rfc-index.xml

Bob Braden wrote:
Is there anything missing besides author address, area, and working
group?  The XML scheme essentially describes the RFC Index, which is an
existing database and does not include any of these items.  There has
been considerable discussion recently about whether RFCs should carry a
working group name, and we believe the preponderance of thought is that
it would not be particularly useful.  The index does not contain, nor
do we expect it will ever contain, a useful set of author addresses.

Furthermore, a reference seems to require a URI.  Pardon our ignorance,
but we don't know how to generate URIs for the past 33 years of
RFC references.
That's what I gather. While these are all nice to have, none are in the current indexes nor are they needed for doing bibliographic references. Writing a conversion script between this and that needed for 2629 should be easy.

Nice job.

-andy