Re: Evaluation: draft-ietf-ipp-not-spec - Internet Printing Protocol (IPP): Event Notifications and Subscriptions to Proposed Standard

Russ Housley [ ] [ ] [ X ] [ ]

Comments:

1. Numbering in section 5.2 is confusing (at least to me). Shouldn't paragraph 4 contain subparagraphs with letters a) and b)?

2. Section 5.3.1 says:

The Printer MUST treat the address part of this attribute as opaque.

This seems like a very bad idea. The security considerations acknowledge that IPP notifications can be a source of SPAM. If the Printer is not allowed to look at the address portion of a URL, how can a vendor implement responsible filters?

3. Section 5.3.3.5.3 says:

This section contains rule for special cases.

I cannot figure out what this means, but I think it can simply be deleted.

4. Section 19 (a.k.a. Appendix D) is using words that are already defined in RFC 2119. Why?