RE: Last Call: The IETF XML Registry to BCP

> The IESG has received a request to consider The IETF XML Registry
> <draft-mealling-iana-xmlns-registry-04.txt> as a BCP.  This has been
> reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an IETF Working Group.

> final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
> iesg@ietf.org or ietf@ietf.org mailing lists by 2003-5-2.
>
> Files can be obtained via
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mealling-iana-xmlns-
> registry-04.txt

I strongly support the progression of this document as currently written.  I
have been working on a protocol that requires registration of XML namespaces
and schemas, and it just makes sense for there to be an IETF registry for
parameters used in IETF protocols rather than using a registry operated by
an organization like OASIS or some private space.

-Scott-