Re: U.S. Homeland Security dept, ICANN, and the root servers

>I believe this pertains to ICANN's proposal:
>
>http://www.icann.org/general/crada-report-summary-14mar03.htm
>
>(Note section C.3).  We've been asked if the IAB is going to make
>a statement about this proposal.

I have a problem in principle with all root-zone changes needing to be
approved by the US Department of Commerce.  If someone wants to change
the nameservers for a non-US country-code TLD, this isn't for the US
Department of Commerce to validate, but for the country in question.

 - Mark