Re: U.S. Homeland Security dept, ICANN, and the root servers

At Wed, 02 Apr 2003 18:40:55 -0500, Leslie Daigle wrote:

> I believe this pertains to ICANN's proposal:
>
> http://www.icann.org/general/crada-report-summary-14mar03.htm
>
> (Note section C.3).  We've been asked if the IAB is going to make
> a statement about this proposal.

FYI, RSSAC was pretty much out of the loop on this, and has not even
seen the full report (of which this is a santized excerpt).  Louis
Touton's explanation boils down to "hey, we asked RSSAC to help write
this, RSSAC did a bit of work on the first draft then went lame on us,
we had deadlines to meet, so we finished it without RSSAC's help."

I have not figured out whether RSSAC or ICANN is more at fault here
(the competition is keen).