Re: Fwd: FYI: Site Local

"Steven M. Bellovin" <smb@research.att.com> writes:
> The problem is getting people to participate.  Rob and I are trying to
> run a mailing list hum on the IPR list; it's been hard to get people to
> respond, even people who have been active participants.
Guilty as charged.

Low response rates and the associated possibility of responder
bias is *the* classic survey sampling problem. On the other hand,
I think that that's the problem we're stuck with by claiming
that the ML is authoritative. Given that response rates in the
meeting are so much higher than those on the ML, any attempt
to simply aggregate the numbers has the effect that the meeting
actually decides all issues.

-Ekr