Re: Last Call: Textual Conventions for IPv6 Flow Label to Proposed Standard

I have been told in the past, that it is unacceptable for I-Ds
intended to be published to contain contradictory statements.

This one does.

It says (twice, for reasons I won't begin to guess at)

   The IETF takes no position regarding the validity or scope of any
   intellectual property or other rights that might be claimed to

and also says

Full Copyright Statement

   Copyright (C) The Internet Society (2003). All Rights Reserved.

   This document and translations of it may be copied and furnished to
   others, and derivative works that comment on or otherwise explain it

which is certainly taking a position with respect to the validity and
scope of at least one aspect of the intellectual property related to the
document.

Consequently, according to what I was told a year or so ago, by the IESG,
this document can't even be considered.

kre

ps: I have no problems with any of the technical aspects of the doc...