RE: Draft-chiba-11 comments.

I agree with your comments about restricting the use of any attribute that
can be used to identify a session.  I also agree about 2866 (actually I
shouldn't have included them because these don't appear in Access Accept)

We basically have a philosophical difference on how to determine what is
allowed for change of authorization.  Which is fine so I will adopt your
philosophy but I don't have the knowledge or the time to argue for
attributes.  So I have listed the ones that I think should be allowed for
change of authorization and noted the ones that I don't know about.

The following are all candidates (NOTE: there maybe others that I missed).

>    Request   Accept   Reject   Challenge   #    Attribute
>    0-1       0-1      0        0            6   Service-Type

Used to identify a service for which the COA applies.  It deosnt change the
service-type but it MAY be used to categories CoA.

>    0         0+       0        0           11   Filter-Id
Yes
>    0         0+       0+       0+          18   Reply-Message
Yes
>    0         0+       0        0           22   Framed-Route
It should be possible to change routing on the client. Not 100% sure about.

>    0         0-1      0        0           23   Framed-IPX-Network
Not sure about this.

>    0-1       0-1      0        0-1         24   State
Yes, especially if need to change Terminate-Action

>    0         0+       0        0           25   Class
Class attribute is used as a cookie by some implemenation.  Changing the
Class attribute mid-session should be possible.

>    0+        0+       0        0+          26   Vendor-Specific
Yes
>    0         0-1      0        0-1         27   Session-Timeout
Yes
>    0         0-1      0        0-1         28   Idle-Timeout
Yes
>    0         0-1      0        0           29   Termination-Action
Yes
>    0+        0+       0+       0+          33   Proxy-State
Yes
>    0-1       0-1      0        0           62   Port-Limit
Yes

Regarding Tunnels -- not a tunnel expert but should it be possible to change
a tunnel mid session?
>    0+        0+       0        0           64   Tunnel-Type
>    0+        0+       0        0           65   Tunnel-Medium-Type
>    0+        0+       0        0           66   Tunnel-Client-Endpoint
>    0+        0+       0        0           67   Tunnel-Server-Endpoint
>    0         0+       0        0           69   Tunnel-Password
>    0+        0+       0        0           81   Tunnel-Private-Group-ID
>    0         0+       0        0           82   Tunnel-Assignment-ID
>    0+        0+       0        0           83   Tunnel-Preference
>    0+        0+       0        0           90   Tunnel-Client-Auth-ID
>    0+        0+       0        0           91   Tunnel-Server-Auth-ID

Don't know about the following either:
>    0         0-1      0        0-1         71   ARAP-Features
>    0         0-1      0        0           72   ARAP-Zone-Access
>    0         0+       0        0           78   Configuration-Token
>    0         0-1      0        0-1         84   ARAP-Challenge-Response

>    0+        0+       0+       0+          79   EAP-Message [Note 1]
>    0-1       0-1      0-1      0-1         80   Message-Authenticator
You have them as note 2.

>    0         0-1      0        0           85   Acct-Interim-Interval
Yes.

Don't know about these: