draft-guichard-pe-ce-addr-01.txt

[repost, cc'ing IESG]

This ID, "Address Allocation for PE-CE links within an RFC2547bis
Network ", has a rather interesting IANA considerations section:

> 7.      IANA Considerations
>
>   IANA should allocate a /8 address block for sole use by [L3VPN]
>   Service Providers. The actual address block assignment is TBD.

Apparently at least some vendors are asking the RIRs about getting
this allocated.

Obviously, I would be surprised if this is something the IETF would
ever bless.

How much attention is this getting in the PPVPN WG? How much support
does this ID have in the community? We may want to push back on this
point, to take the heat off the RIRs and to level-set expectations.

It's got a long set of authors, which may imply (or intent to imply)
something about support.

Thomas