Re: draft-ietf-idmr-igmp-mrdisc-10.txt

Michelle,

This document needs a couple of *registrations* from igmp-type-numbers
(and I requested specific values; even though it's an IANA registry
this document dates from when I was the de facto IGMP registrar
and I had given out values to it -- so if it's not too out of proper
could you assign 0x24 for Multicast Router Advertisement Message,
0x25 for Multicast Router Solicitation Message, 0x26 for Multicast
Router Termination Message?)

It needs a new registry, for IPv4 Multicast Router Discovery
message options.  The document registers 1 and 2 (Query Interval
Advertisement and Robustness Variable Advertisement) and requests
that the space be allocated using IESG Approval or Standards
Action.  This space is 0-255, presumably with 0 and 255 reserved.

It requests two Neighbor Discovery Option Types (this is the
subheading "IPv6 NEIGHBOR DISCOVERY OPTION FORMATS" in
http://www.iana.org/assignments/icmpv6-parameters) be assigned
for the Query Interval Advertisement and Robustness Variable
Advertisement in IPv6.

Finally, it requests a new IANA registry for the Multicast Router
Discovery Code Values.  This would probably actually belong in
http://www.iana.org/assignments/igmp-type-numbers -- e.g.
type 0x11, 0x13 and 0x14 have codes registered, so that
seems to make sense; so this fourth request is probably just
estabilshing the policy for such allocations.

  Bill