Re: teh IETF's "bad call"

> Consensus between whom?  (I'm not saying there isn't more consensus -
> I'm just wondering what makes you assert this)

much of Europe for example (or at least the EU)

> It seems to me that different jurisdictions might have very different
> legal requirements for authentication and auditing of such a protocol

> - if so, then this might be problematic.

I'm not sure that follows

for example, I'm not sure that role (group) based authentication and
individual-based authentication would change the protocol all
that much

(but note that I'm not making any specific proposal, just following
up on your questions)

Scott