Re: draft-ietf-idmr-igmp-mrdisc-10.txt

--On fredag, april 11, 2003 15:02:50 -0700 Bill Fenner <fenner@research.att.com> wrote:

Perhaps it's possible to write these reasons up in a way that doesn't
sound like we're continuing an accident of history.  Or maybe it's OK
to say that it's an accident of history and that's just why it's this way.
hey, I *love* admitting that we continue down seemingly inexplicable paths because there's no reason for revisiting the choice, even though the old choice was basically a toss-up!

"follows tradition" is a very valid reason indeed.

Harald