Re: Evaluation: draft-ietf-sigtran-security - Security Considerations for SIGTRAN Protocols to Proposed Standard

In message <5CADBDC6-6EE2-11D7-909A-000393CB0816@qualcomm.com>, Ted Hardie writ

>Section 3., "Security in Telephone Networks" seems to report things
>like "the trusted network principle" without any comment on how
>valid these principles are.  Purely as a personal note, I would find
>some more cynicism here comforting.  This does not, of course,
>change the specification in any substantive way.

It's based on that principle; however, they've never achieved it, and
it's become far more remote due to increased interconnections.  Those
protocols were based on the model of the PTT and/or Ma Bell, a
condition that hasn't really applied for ~25 years.