Re: IETF PEAP Status

> How do i find out the status of the IETF PEAP draft standard? I would like
> to know what state is it in, and the schedule for when it will be an
> official IETF standard.

Peter,

There is no PEAP draft standard.

There is an internet-draft on PEAP which has no formal standing in the IETF;
IETF standards are issued as RFCs that are labeled as either
proposed standard, draft standard, or standard.

There is an EAP working group in the IETF, but that working group is
currently not chartered to review EAP methods like PEAP.
The intent that that once the EAP base documents have been cleaned up
the WG will be rechartered to include doing some review of some EAP methods
but the nature of such a review, and whether the reviewed document will
become IETF standards or not, has not yet been determined.
So it is premature to talk of a schedule for any new EAP method becoming
an IETF standard.

   Erik